Dr. (Major) Gurveen Waraich Garekar is a certified dermatologist with a passion for clinical and cosmetic dermatology and skin care.
She received her MBBS certification from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune then went on to pursue her post-graduation in M.D. Dermatology from Command Hospital Air force, Bangalore.
The doctor has served in the prestigious Indian Army as a commissioned officer. It is this association with the army that has instilled in her a strong sense of integrity and the ability to accord the highest priority to the patient’s well being. In her decade long association with the army which involved working all over the country in major Army hospitals she has perfected her clinical acumen and diligently worked towards acquiring fresh skills and knowledge.
During her tenure she has worked on various research assignments and completed an extensive research project evaluating and comparing the effects of fractional laser and dermarollers on acne scars. She has undergone hands on training in Lasers through Association of Cutaneous Surgeons of India.
After retiring from army she has worked with Kaya skin clinic at DLF Galleria in Gurgaon. Dr (Major) Gurveen is an expert in execution of various cosmetic procedures such as chemical peels, mesotherapy, botox, PRP and advanced fillers.
The doctor also has a vast experience in managing difficult cases of facial hair growth in females and handles any complicated cases personally.
- 16-21425 – Medical Council of India, 2006
- 2015 – 2016
Doctor at Kaya Skin clinic, Gurgaon
- 2012 – 2015
Doctor at Command Hospital Air Force, Bangalore
- 2008 – 2012
Medical Officer at Field Hospital, Jammu & Kashmir
- 2005 – 2008
Medical Officer at Military Hospital, Jodhpur
- Association of Cutaneous Surgeons of India National Quiz 2014: Runners up.
- Indian Army Special Service Medal: 2011
- High Altitude Service Medal: 2008
- Thesis : “Comparative efficacy of Fractional CO2 laser versus Dermaroller Therapy in treatment of acne scars” with a total of 30 patients treated in each arm.(Armed Forces Medical Research)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Association of Cutaneous Surgeons of India (ACSI)