About Chemical peeling
How is it done?At Garekars MD, the peeling session is about 30-40 minutes duration. The steps involve initially scrubbing, exfoliation, hydration and comedone extraction. This is followed by the application of the peel by the dermatologist.
Is it safe?Chemical peels are absolutely safe provided they are done under the supervision of a dermatologist.
What are the benefits of Chemical peeling?Chemical peels can be used to address various skin concerns:
What are the benefits of Chemical peeling?There are different peels for managing different concerns.
- Fine lines
What are the post-procedure precautions?There are different peels for managing different concerns.
- Salicylic peel
- Yellow peel
- Glycolic peel
- TCA peel
- Black peel
- You might experience mild itching or redness on treated area for next 24-48 hours.
- Use only cleanser, moisturiser and sunscreen on treated area for 03 days post procedure.
- Don’t use any scrubs, loofahs, facial steamers, anti acne creams, serums, anti- aging creams or any other ointments prescribed to you other than moisturiser and sunscreen for 03 days post procedure.
- Do not tweeze, rub, pick, bleach, wax or exfoliate the treated area for 01 week post Procedure.
- Do not take any other treatments like laser, peeling, medifacial/medispa, for 01 week post procedure.
- Use moisturiser and sunscreen every 4-5 hourly and avoid activities involving prolonged direct sun exposure like swimming, hiking for 03 days post procedure.