With so many people aspiring to be ‘selfie-ready’ at all times, cosmetic procedures have skyrocketed in their popularity. Of the many treatments that people get, laser hair removal is one of the most popular treatments being sought out today, mainly because of its high accessibility. However, though many skin-care experts offer laser hair removal for face, it is essential to understand that you must only visit reliable dermatologists for the same. This is because you may end up with unwanted long term side effects of laser hair removal on face that may chip away at your confidence substantially!
Laser hair removal on face: Risks you must know about!
People often ask is laser hair removal safe for face, and the answer to the same greatly depends on whether you get the procedure done by a certified dermatologist or not. There are many laser hair removal effects on face that patients must be wary of. Some of these include:
- Redness and irritation: This is perhaps the most common side effects of laser hair removal on face, and is generally not a cause for worry. However, if the swelling and redness last longer than 2-3 days, then you must contact your dermatologist immediately.
- Pigmentation changes: Though this is an expected change that lasts a short while, the procedure can lead to long term side effects of laser hair removal on face in the form of permanent pigmentation.
- Crusting: Scabbing and scarring can lead to long term side effects, however, patients can prevent the same by using moisturizers. Ineffective treatment may lead to permanent scabbing and scarring for the patient.
- Skin infections: As the procedure involves burning off hair follicles, patients do run the risk of skin infections. These infections can lead to long term effects if not treated correctly.
- Eye injuries: The use of laser close to the eyes can increase the risk of eye injuries in ways that affect the patient’s vision permanently.
- Burns, blisters, and scars: If the procedure is not performed correctly, the patient can experience burns, blisters, and even permanent scarring.
So, is facial laser hair removal safe?
On learning about these potential side effects, many people wonder, is laser hair removal safe for face? The truth is that this procedure is not unsafe, as long as it is performed at the hands of someone well versed with the technology and medical side of things!
How to minimize the side effects of laser hair removal on face?
At our clinic, we offer laser hair removal for face that uses only the latest technologies as well as skin-friendly procedures in order to minimize the side effects of laser hair removal on face. Through our experience in skincare and expertise in the field, we can offer great results that not only help you feel more confident about the way you look but are also safe!
Get in touch with us today to get rid of unwanted facial hair and rock every picture you take!