What is a Carbon laser or Carbon peel?
A carbon laser or peel is done using a q-switch laser and a carbon paste applied on the skin. It is an ideal treatment for oily, acne prone skin with clogged pores.
How does Carbon laser work?
During the procedure a thin layer of carbon is applied on the skin. This carbon then seeps into the pores of your skin and settles down. Post this we use Alma q switch laser to deliver laser shots on the skin. This laser has a property to be absorbed only by the dark carbon applied to your skin. The carbon particles absorb the energy, heat up and pop. This bursting or popping of carbon leads to cleansing of all pores. It causes clearing of all dirt and sebum in the pores and therefore decreases the chances of you developing whiteheads, blackheads or acne. The laser also calms down any existing acne.
What are the benefits of carbon laser?
- Active acne
- White heads and blackheads
- Pigmentation, tanning and acne marks
- Dilated pores
- Fine lines
Is it safe?
Carbon laser is absolutely safe. We ensure this by using lasers from a reputed brand ALMA, which meets global standards of safety and efficacy.
What are the post procedure precautions?
- You might experience mild itching or sensitivity on treated area for next 24-48 hours.
- Use only cleanser, moisturiser and sunscreen on treated area for 24 hours post procedure.
- Don’t use any scrubs, loofahs, facial steamers for 03 days post procedure.
- Don’t use anti acne creams, serums, anti-aging creams or any other ointments prescribed to you other than moisturiser and sunscreen for 24 hours post procedure
- Do not tweeze, bleach, wax or exfoliate the treated area for 03 days post procedure.
- Do not take any other treatments like laser, peeling, Medi facial/Medi spa for 01 week post procedure.
- Use moisturiser and sunscreen every 4-5 hourly and avoid activities involving prolonged direct sun exposure like swimming, hiking for 03 days post procedure.