Lip fillers are used to get fuller, plumper lips. This procedure is also known as lip augmentation.There are many types of dermal fillers which can be used on your lips but usually the doctors stick to products which are rich in Hyaluronic acid (a natural substance present in the body).
It immediately helps to heighten the volume of a person’s lips. This treatment is usually opted for aesthetic reasons.These fillers successfully add structure, shape and volume to the lips.
- The patient can decide the amount of volume that he/she needs on his/her lips.
- The treatments do not have to take place frequently to achieve a good result. Delay in appointments will make barely any difference.
- Bruises and swells are less likely to form in the application of this filler.
- Considering the down-time and the cost, the result of the treatment lasts for a comparatively long time.
Other facts you should know:
- The cost of lip fillers depends on type of procedure, doctor’s experience, and where you live. It will cost you around INR 20,0000 – 40,000.
- You have to be at least 18 years old to undergo this cosmetic treatment.
- Depending on your body’s metabolism, the lip fillers will last for about four to six months. The lower the metabolism, the longer the result will last.
- It is a highly effective treatment and the results can be seen almost immediately.
- It gives people a glamorized look.
Under Eye Fillers
Under eye fillers are used to treat hollows, dark circles, texture, under eye wrinkles and there are also fillers for eye bags.
- Hollows – These are improved dramatically with the use of dermal fillers. Around 2-3 injections are required to get rid of the hollowness, which makes a person appear tired all the time. To prevent bruising and redness, a very blunt needle is used. The effect of the treatment prolongs for about 12 to 16 months.
- Dark Circles – It is hard for dark circles to be completely removed. But the darkness can definitely be lightened. Under eye filler cost depends on the severity of the circles. Fillers which are generous in PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) are mostly used to fetch the best result. Dark circles are usually genetic, hereditary or is caused by stress.
- Fine Lines/Wrinkles – To treat the stubborn wrinkles, PRP rich injections or fillers are used. This PRP is derived from the patient’s own blood, which boosts the production of collagen (the substance responsible for the elasticity of the skin) and improves the skin under the eyes dramatically. It is not at all harmful since the PRP is taken out from the patient’s own body. There is no room for allergic reactions.
The cost of under eye fillers ranges from INR 20,000 to 30,000.
- It makes the face look younger.
- Tightens the facial muscles.
- Stimulates the production of collagen.
- Gets rid of the blemishes in the most stubborn area of your face i.e. under eyes.
- It helps to save money on creams, gels, brighteners or roller balls by taking care of under eye problems for a prolonged period of time.
- The result is persistent.
- The result is immediate.
- It does not have a lot of side effects compared to the other cosmetic surgeries present in the market.
- The procedure is fairly easy.
- The downtime (or time of recovery) is very less.
- The cost is reasonable.
- Dermal fillers are provided in almost all cosmetic clinics.
Other facts you should know:
- Lower eye lids may look puffy for a few days after the treatment.
- There are no long-lasting negative side effects.
- The use of soft tissue fillers for under eyes is 95% of times successful.
- This is a very technique-dependent procedure, so the experience of the doctor matters when it comes to the overall result of the treatment.
- Restylane or Jevederm is usually used. And if you are not happy with the outcome, the procedure can easily be reversed with the help of Hyaluronic acid. It also removes excess eye skin and fat under the eyes.
- It completely rejuvenates the skin.
Cheekbones are an integral part of beauty. Well defined cheeks, enhances the overall facial profile. But sometimes, the facial volume or fullness seems to decrease with age.
Some other factors also make cheeks appear “sunken” as well.
The fillers are used on the lower cheek, mid cheek and upper cheek.
The fillers are injected subtly beneath the skin with the use of a very fine needle. It plumps and adds fullness to the skin from the inside. It takes a little while to be effective but the results are extremely good.
It is FDA approved like all the other types of dermal fillers.
It is non-surgical.
It is usually injected on the cheekbones to achieve a chiselled or defined look or into the soft part of the cheeks to enable “lifting”.
To achieve the best result, the treatment may have to be repeated.
The result is temporary; it will probably last for around 6 to 12 months.
Temporary cheek fillers can be removed easily but in case of permanent fillers, a surgical invasive procedure will be needed.
There are three kinds of cheek fillers – permanent, semi-permanent and temporary. Patients usually choose the filler depending on their age and how long they want the fillers to last.
The cost of cheek fillers depends entirely upon the type of filler that is chosen. The temporary one is cheaper compared to the permanent treatment. The cost is dependant on the total volume injected.
Advantages of cheek fillers:
- No bandages or downtime is required after the treatment.
- The result of the treatment is controllable.
- It significantly improves the condition of cheeks.
- It is 100% safe.
- The procedure is not complicated.
- There are no post-surgical risks attached to the treatment.
- It brings cheeks into prominence.
- It helps in balancing the other facial features of a person.
- Better proportion.
- Self-esteem or confidence boost.
- application of make-up becomes easier with well-defined cheeks.
- All facial asymmetries are corrected in this treatment.
- Facial scarring and trauma are also taken care of through this procedure.
- The patient’s face is thoroughly analysed and studied before filler is injected.
- It is painless.
- It does not have long-lasting side effects.
Other facts you should know:
- It is a highly popular treatment all across the world.
- It includes only a minimal amount of bruising and redness which will dissipate within a short period of time.
- Botox treatments and filler treatments are similar but not the same. Botox is more like a facial freezer.
- It is meant for both men and women to acquire beautiful cheeks which look youthful, radiant and free of any imperfections.
- These fillers also increase the intensity of the collagen present within the skin.
- The cost is cheaper than that of botox treatment.
- Facial shape of the patient is also taken under consideration before the treatment.
- It is like all the other dermal fillers, FDA approved.
- It is not meant for the augmentation of breast size, buttocks, feet, ligament or muscle. It is strictly meant for the face and sometimes for the back of the hand.
- The effect of this treatment on pregnant women is not known.
- What would happen with the repeated use of these products for a long time has not been evaluated in a clinical study. In the recent years, fillers have positively developed.
- They are much softer and springier and give rise to a more natural look.
- Fillers have become softer, springier and easier to mould, so it’s easier to get a more natural result
Dermal fillers are the best option if you’d like to have a flawless and youthful skin. To get more information about the procedure, get an appointment with Dr. Siddharth Garekar who is a highly qualified cosmetic surgeon and skin specialist in Gurgaon with an intensive amount of experience in this particular field.