What is Acne?
Acne refers to the pimples, blackheads and bumps which appear on skin because of a disturbance in the oil glands. Most acne is found on the face, the neck, back, chest and shoulders. Acne’s prevalence is the strongest in teenage years but it’s not exclusive to those years alone. Adults belonging to any age group can suffer from it because of various external or internal factors.
Acne is not a life-threatening condition, but it does come in way of people’s personal aesthetic satisfaction. It is a pretty common occurrence as study shows that around 80% of people in the world between the ages of 11 to 30 experience acne breakouts at some point in their lives. Amidst the best clinic for acne treatment in Gurgaon falls Garekars M.D. Dermatology Clinic. We get to the root of the type of acne on a person’s face and create the best acne treatment.
Why does acne happen?
There’s no particular answer as to why acne outbreaks occur. But after years of thorough research, the following reasons are what the experts came up with:
- Increase of hormones’ in a teenager
- Hormonal changes at the time of pregnancy
- Usage of birth control pills
- Exposure to excessive pollution
- Stress and Anxiety
- Genetically transferred
- Certain medicines consisting of substances like androgen hormones, and lithium can cause acne as well.
- Oily Skin
Technically, when sebaceous glands (oil producing glands) are overactive in the follicles, these glands produce too much sebum or oil like substance which forms a plug mixed with dead skin cells leading to the blockage of follicle.
Sometimes acne gets filled with bacteria making the surrounding skin appear red and sore.
How do I diagnose acne? When should I see a dermatologist for acne treatment?
Mild acne usually goes away in a short period of time with the help of conventional skin-care products available at the nearest stores. But when the acne stubbornly places itself on a person’s face for a long time, and the over-the-counter products are completely ineffective – that’s when a dermatologist needs to be consulted.
Usually, there are four grades of acne (based on its severity).
The first grade is the most moderate stage, and the fourth grade is the most severe. To differentiate between the grades of acne efficiently, a dermatologist should be responsible.
It’s important to distinguish acne from acne look-a likes and then to devise a procedure to effectively cure it.
Garekars M.D. Dermatology Clinic provides one of the most effective acne treatment in Gurgaon.
Can acne be completely cured? Will my acne ever go away?
Acne is a skin condition which cannot be completely cured. But without treatment, its condition will only worsen further. Recent medicinal developments have opened the gates of treating acne effectively and diminishing its harsh effect on the skin. Even though it can’t cure acne completely, it stops the acne from increasing and leading to scars later on.
Although there are instances in which, with proper medications and treatments, patients have been able to combat acne permanently.
How is acne treated? What acne treatments are best for me?
Acne treatment is available for the following regions of the body:
- Chin acne treatment
- Back acne treatment
- Face acne treatment
- Cystic acne treatment
- Chest acne treatment
Acne in these regions is treated in the following ways:
- Topical Treatment– This includes the external application of creams, lotions and gels on the affected areas. They are usually inexpensive and effectively treat mild acne. It’s easy to get your hands on them at the nearest stores. Benzoyl peroxide, sulfa antibiotics, azelaic acid, reinoids, salicylic acid come under topical treatments. They limit and diminish the accumulation of bacteria within the acne and prevent further deterioration.
- Oral Antibiotics– When topical treatments fail, oral antibiotics come into the picture. It is only necessary when the condition of the acne is very serious. It is not used for mild acne. It directly works on the bacteria causing acne and it takes about 8 weeks or so to see the results of this treatment. It’s comparatively slow but more effective than topical treatments.
- Isotretinoin– It is created from Vitamin A and restrains acne from breaking out for a prolonged period of time and is prescribed by dermatologists to only when the patient is suffering from a very bad condition of acne. It works on the glands that release sebum ( an oily substance).
- Laser Treatment– Laser treatments are rapidly gaining popularity because of its ability to treat acne within a short span of time, no matter how severe the condition is.
- Chemical Peels– Certain chemicals (mild or strong) depending upon the acne is applied to the face to get rid of the dead skin layer and the acne associated with it. It allows new skin to come into existence, like regeneration.
Can what I eat cause acne breakouts?
Eating habits do reflect upon the skin, but that cannot be the only reason for which acne breakouts occur. Eating habits are accompanied by various other factors ranging from pollution, to hormones and etc.
or call us at +91 8130233894 to get one.