How does laser tattoo removal work?
Tattoo removal is done using a Q switch laser. These tattoo removal lasers act on the tattoo ink by utilizing the energy of a coherent beam of light. The laser from a Q switch laser easily passes through normal skin without causing any damage. However, it is absorbed by the tattoo particles. Due to absorption of laser energy the tattoo pigment breaks down into tiny fragments. These fragments are subsequently drained away by the body’s lymphatic system.
Do I need to see a Dermatologist for tattoo removal?
A consultation with a dermatologist is essential prior to undergoing the procedure. There are various issues which need to be considered. Your dermatologist would be able to take a proper history and guide you regarding all aspects of the tattoo removal by laser.
Things which need to be considered before laser tattoo removal are:
- The various colours of the tattoo
- The duration of tattoo
- The depth of the tattoo ink beneath your skin
- The exact site of the tattoo
- Any medical illnesses you could be suffering from
- Any medication you are taking
- Presence of any scarring
How much does tattoo removal cost?
The cost of tattoo removal would depend upon the area involved and the size of the tattoo.
Does it hurt?
The process causes discomfort whilst the procedure is being done. The sensation is equivalent of small rubber band snapping against your skin.
How many sessions?
Usually multiple visits (5-6) are required for tattoo removal. The number of sessions required depend on a variety of factors such as the depth of the ink, amateur or professional tattoo, duration of tattoo etc.
Are there any side effects of laser tattoo removal?
Laser tattoo removal by trained professionals has minimal risk. The adverse effects which you should be aware of are:
- Risk for infection at the treated site
- There is a minimal risk of permanent scarring in a few cases.
- Color changes may happen on the treated skin. The skin at the site may darken or may turn pale.
Is tattoo removal safe?
Since the advent of Q switch lasers the process of tattoo removal has become much safer as this laser targets only the pigment and avoids injury to surrounding tissue. With the use of FDA approved lasers the risk is further minimized.
Why should you consider Garekars MD Dermatology Clinic for your tattoo removal in Gurgaon?
The two things which set us apart are:
- All procedures are done by the two certified dermatologists in Gurugram, Dr (Major) Gurveen Waraich & Dr (Lt Cdr) Siddharth Garekar.
- The technology being used i.e. Alma Q switch laser is FDA approved.
What to expect when getting a tattoo removal done by laser?
When undergoing a laser tattoo removal procedure these are the usual steps which are followed:
- The dermatologist would take a detailed history followed by an examination of the tattoo.
- A consent form would be made available to you.
- Prior to the procedure you would be provided with protective eye shields.
- The treatment would involve placing the laser handpiece on the tattooed skin and giving multiple shots of the laser light. The procedure does not involve a lot of pain. Patients describe the sensation of each shot like the snapping of a rubber band against their skin. In case of discomfort you could opt for application of numbing cream prior to the procedure.
- Post treatment an antibiotic cream is applied. A bandage might be used to cover the site.
- Laser Tattoo removal requires multiple visits with gradual improvement with each treatment.
- Since the advent of Q switch lasers the process of tattoo removal has become much safer as this laser targets only the pigment and avoids injury to surrounding tissue. With the use of FDA approved lasers the risk is further minimized.
If you are considering permanent tattoo removal, call us for a free consultation on +91 9667684409