Korean Skin Care is all the rage these days as Korean beauty products often incorporate a range of organic and inorganic ingredients that are great for the skin. A typical Korean skin care regimen uses over 10 different products, each designed to impact your skin in different ways. Needless to say that these steps vary when you’re using them for oily skin, dry skin, and combination skin. In this article, we will discuss how you can incorporate a Korean skin care routine for oily skin in your life to combat oily, acne-prone skin.
How to know if you have oily skin?
There are many signs that indicate you have oily skin. Some of them as are follows:
- At some point in the day, your face starts too look shiny or greasy.
- Your pores always look enlarged, especially on key areas like the nose, cheeks and chin.
- You suffer from regular acne breakouts due to excess oil on the face.
- You also have a lot of blackheads.
- Your makeup always feels as though it is sliding off your face.
With the summer months approaching, it is important to understand that oily skin and sweaty skin are not the same thing! If your face feels greasy due to sweat, you may not have oily skin. However, if your skin feels greasy from the inside, it could be oily skin.
Korean Skin Care Routine for Oily Skin
In order to combat your oily skin, you can follow this Korean skin care routine:
- Use an oil cleanser on your face to clean off excess sebum. An example of a Korean product you can use is Clean it Zero by Banila Co. Similarly, you can use Cetaphil face cleanser too if you want an Indian dupe.
- Use a foam cleanser to remove any excess dirt. Innisfree’s Jeju Volcanic Core Cleansing Foam is a great product to use. You can also use Neutrogena’s Acne Face Wash.
- Exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin. A great Korean product you can use is NEOGEN’s dermalogy Real Cica pads. An Indian dupe can be a Himalaya face scrub.
- Use toner to bring back the pH balance of the skin. Neutrogena has an excellent toner.
- Use an essence to bring back moisture in your face.
- Add a serum to introduce good vitamins and other properties to your skin. It’s Skin has a range of Korean serums that you can easily find in India.
- Apply a sheet mask to lock in nutrition for your skin. You can use sheet masks like Aloe Vera and Papaya for oily skin.
- Use eye cream to prevent wrinkles, which is a very real possibility for those with oily skin.
- Use a moisturizer, like Body Shop’s Tea Tree Oil moisturizer to nourish the skin and prevent breakouts.
- Use sunscreen!
Just because you are interested in a Korean Skincare regime, you do not have to restrict yourself to Korean skin care products strictly as they can be quite costly. Stick to using tried and tested Indian dupes for the same products so that you do not have to blow a hole in your savings just to look great.
The Korean Skin Care routine may seem a little hectic. After all, factoring in time for 10 steps in the morning and night can be quite challenging. So, before you do this, speak to a dermatologist about your skin and its needs and see if they can guide you towards treatments that make an impact. Visit Dr Garekar’s M.D. Skin clinic in Gurgaon
in order to know what you can do to look and feel better!