Before I tell you how to prevent blackheads you must first understand what are blackheads, what causes blackheads, and how to treat blackheads.
WHAT ARE BLACKHEADS
Blackheads are stubborn blemishes which appear in the opening of hair follicles and also in the glands through which oil is formed. Sometimes, the dead skin cells and oils accumulate at this particular opening of the hair follicle, leading to the formation of a small bump called comedones.
They are referred to as “blackheads” because they appear to be black or dark. Their appearance is prevalent in areas like the back, chest, neck, arms, nose, and shoulders. Blackheads are similar to acne but they’re more like dark acne lesion, as they contain oxidized melanin.
WHAT CAUSES BLACKHEADS
What triggers blackheads? There are many reasons which lead to the emergence of acne. The most common reasons are mentioned in the following points:-
• Hormonal changes during puberty.
• Birth control pills
• Excessive sweating
• Excessive humidity
• Imbalanced food diet
• Certain medications
HOW TO REDUCE BLACKHEADS – SIMPLE STEPS
Blackheads do not have any lethal side effects but it affects the psychological and mental health of human beings, as it strips them off self-esteem and confidence. It’s not easy to find the right doctors and treatments to get rid of blackheads, but there are certain ways on how to reduce blackheads in which the effect and growth of blackheads can be minimized. They are as follow:-
a) Egg White Mask
– Eggs are not only loaded with nutrients, but they also have a lot of skincare benefits. The whites of an egg can be used to make a mask that can be used to tighten the hair follicles, prevent the growth of blackheads in the future, and will also minimize the existing blackheads on a person’s face. The preparation of this mask only takes a few minutes; all you need is one egg and a facial tissue, a small bowl and a towel. Gently massage the egg white on your face, and rinse it off with lukewarm water after it has dried.
– Even though sweat glands are one of the reasons for which blackheads get formed, but sweating isn’t the same thing. Sweating can actually help in diminishing blackheads. When you sweat, the liquid travels into the clogged pores and softens/flushes it. But after a workout session, or any other activities leading to sweat, you have to make sure to immediately wash your face or the liquid will dry and make a shelter in your already clogged pores. Steam rooms and saunas are the best places to get those toxins out of the body.
c) Good Toner
– Open, clogged pores can which lead to the formation of blackheads can be tightened and shrink with the help of substances like lemon juice, Gulab Jal, aloe vera. The easiest way to make a toner at home is to squeeze lemon juice into a small bottle then dip a cotton ball in the liquid. It has to be applied all over your face for at least 4 to 5 times a week to be highly effective. The juice might sting a bit at the beginning but that’s a good sign. It means that it’s working and cleaning the clogged pores and then helping to decrease the size of the follicle opening.
– If you’re serious about getting rid of your blackheads or minimizing its appearance, then you can invest in a small steam machine. It softens the dead skin cells and sebum trapped in the clogged pores and makes it easier for the pores to be extracted out. If you cannot invest in a steam machine, then worries, there’s an easy way to steam your face at home. All you have to do is, fill a bowl with boiling water, then cover your head with a cloth or towel and then put your face closer to the fumes coming out of the boiling water for about 5-10 minutes. Keep a safe distance from the boiling water to avoid getting your skin burned. Make sure to not overdo this process, it cannot exceed more than 5-10 minutes and the frequency of the “steam sessions” have to limited to once a week or two.
HOW TO PREVENT BLACKHEADS WITH THESE 6 QUICK TIPS
The above list consists of how to treat blackheads, now let’s move towards how to prevent blackheads.
a) Cleanse your face
– If the pores present on your face are exposed to the pollution and the harmful pollutants and foreign particles present in the atmosphere, it will get stored within these pores, and gradually lead to blackheads. So, make sure to wash those harmful substances off your face at the end of the day.
b) Don’t over wash your face
– Overdoing any procedure leads to consequences. Make sure to wash your face only twice a day. If you over wash it, your skin will become dry, and foreign particles in the atmosphere and dead skin cells will find it easier to stick to these pores.
c) Remove makeup before sleeping
– Cosmetics have harmful chemicals which are not meant to be on the face for a prolonged period of time. If you fail to get rid of the makeup completely before going to sleep, then the pores will widen, and a lot of toxins will get stored in your pores, leading to terrible blackheads.
d) Diet Control
– If you have a well-balanced diet consisting of beneficial nutrients, then it will definitely help in not only preventing blackheads but also positively impact the overall appearance of your skin. Try to consume foods which are high in Vitamin A. The consumption of fruits and vegetables like raspberries, carrots and tomatoes will only enhance the quality of your skin and prevent blackheads at the same time. Excessive junk food will decrease the deprive your of the anti-oxidants and vitamins needed by your skin to be healthy.
– Hydration of skin is significant if you intend to prevent blackheads. After washing your face with a face cleanser, make sure to massage onto your skin, a moisturizer suitable for your specific skin type. If you have doubts about your skin type, you can always consult a dermatologist to find out and then filter your choices of moisturizers.
f) Scrub or exfoliate your face
– Exfoliation is the best way to get rid of blackheads as it gets to the depth of your pores and extracts the harmful blackheads causing substances out.
Follow these simple routines/ lifestyle modifications to get the supple, healthy and glowing skin you want. If problems persist, maybe it’s time to seek out specialist consultation, at Garekars M.D. Skin Clinic
, the best skin clinic in Gurgaon.