What are Acne Scars? How do people get Acne Scars?
Acne scars are the aftermath of inflamed blemishes generated because of the skin pores being dominated by excessive oil, bacteria and dead skin cells. The extremity or intensity of the scars depends on the severity of the acne which a person suffered from before.
Picking or touching acne, no matter how big or small, if traumatized can result in scarring after it completely heals itself. It leads to these deep pits or depressions on the affected regions and can occur on the face or body. It comes in the way of having a healthy skin and makes it look extremely dull and damaged.
Acne like cysts or nodules which are considered to be “inflammatory acne”, lead to long-term scarring because they penetrate beneath the upper layer of the skin.
Some individuals are more prone to acne scars compared to others because of picking/touching, ignoring acne treatment and also because of genetics. Our clinic is known to provide outstanding services regarding acne scar treatment in Gurgaon. The highly experienced dermatologists in our clinic do their best to diagnose and treat such blemishes.
Are there different types of acne scars?
There are two main types of acne scars:
- Depressed Acne Scars– These scars are deep-pitted are the most common kind of acne scars. They are caused by inflammatory acne.
Depressed scars can be further classified into the following three types:
- Rolling Scars– They are broadened pits on the skin which have rounded edges. The texture is rough and is caused by severe damage beneath the surface of the skin.
- Boxcar Scars– These are similar to rolling scars in terms of the depth of the depression but they are more defined and have strong edges.
- Ice Pick Scars– These scars are not broad. They appear like tiny dot-like depressions, a little bigger than the size of our hair follicles, but covering it up is the most challenging task for dermatologists.
- Raised Acne Scars– These scars are not as prevalent as depressed scars. They are much more prominent compared to depressed scars and require a tough treatment procedure. It usually looks like a small/big bump.
The two most common types of raised acne scars are:
- Keloid Scars– Because of the formation of excess collagen, extra scar tissues get formed and elevate the scar further on the surface. Collagen seems to build around the acne scar, making it grow in size.
- Hypertrophic Scars– This is also caused in the presence of excess collagen, but its intensity is less severe than that of Keloid Scars. They are not as prominent as Keloids. It appears reddish in colour.
What Acne Scar Treatment Options Are Available?
Treatment is extremely important to prevent further deterioration of the existing acne scar. Ignorance of the skin blemishes often lead to the scars getting worse with passing time, as the depression or pits tend to get deeper. Our clinic offers fruitful acne scar removal treatment in Gurgaon, which is specifically designed after analyzing the intensity of people’s respective acne scars.
The common treatments for Acne Scars are as follows:
- Chemical Peels– It refers to an acid based liquid which is applied to the face in order to “wipe out” the regions that have pits. They remove the outer layer and promote the formation of new, fresh skin, which is free of blemishes.
- Laser Resurfacing– In this treatment, concentrated laser beams are directed towards the affected skin, removing it layer by layer. This process is sometimes also soon as laser peeling. Its intention is to get rid of the outer layer which is dominated by pits and to encourage the formation of new and healthy skin, which occurs because of the increase in collagen level.
- Dermal Fillers– Dermal Fillers are made up of natural or synthetic substances that are injected into the skin with the intention of plumping or adding volume to the area which has depression or pits. It usually lasts from six months to two years, depending on the type of filler used.
How much does it cost to eradicate Acne Scars?
The cost of the treatment depends entirely on the intensity and severity of the acne scars. Even if the condition of the acne scar is severe, we make sure to devise a treatment taking into consideration the patient’s needs.
or call us at +91 9667684409 to get one.